From time to time, young mothers like me need a little nod of encouragement to keep going when the body and spirit get weary. I offer this poem by Audrey Broggi as such, for the young mother's drooping heart.
A turned over glass with milk on the floor,
I stop and look at it there
And on the sofa are 10 little trucks,
it seems toys are everywhere.
I look down the hall and what do I see
but two little boys who say,
“Come look, come look, we cleaned our room,
now can we go out and play?"
I look in their rooms, it’s obvious they tried,
so I kiss them and tell them they may.
I heave a sigh and I get to work
but I’m thankful I have them today.
Lego’s and cars, paper planes and stuffed dogs
prove children are living right here.
What’s more important? A clean house or clean mind?
The answer is painfully clear.
At the end of the day when night settles in
and little ones are dreaming in bed,
I thank my God I’ve listened to Him
and not what the world has said.
I love my life, it’s God-ordained,
a full-time mommy, that’s me.
When you walk in my house, though it may be a mess,
I hope it’s the love and the life that you see.
I stop and look at it there
And on the sofa are 10 little trucks,
it seems toys are everywhere.
I look down the hall and what do I see
but two little boys who say,
“Come look, come look, we cleaned our room,
now can we go out and play?"
I look in their rooms, it’s obvious they tried,
so I kiss them and tell them they may.
I heave a sigh and I get to work
but I’m thankful I have them today.
Lego’s and cars, paper planes and stuffed dogs
prove children are living right here.
What’s more important? A clean house or clean mind?
The answer is painfully clear.
At the end of the day when night settles in
and little ones are dreaming in bed,
I thank my God I’ve listened to Him
and not what the world has said.
I love my life, it’s God-ordained,
a full-time mommy, that’s me.
When you walk in my house, though it may be a mess,
I hope it’s the love and the life that you see.
No comments:
Post a Comment