Our June was a full and fast one, but every bit of it was enjoyable...
* Houston trip *
We made it to Houston early in the month for a visit to the paternal grandparents. A couple of dips in their pool was the highlight. This trip also involved attendance to a wedding, which Mr. Ely officiated. Here are just a few snapshots from that weekend:
* Swim lessons *
Banana and Papaya each took two weeks of swimming lessons in June. They were in separate classes, but thankfully I was able to schedule them at the same time. Both girls have become more water-safety saavy and have begun to develop some pre-swimming skills. The following slideshow includes 18 pics.
* Father's Day *
When holidays coincide with Sundays, we seldom make it out of town to celebrate with our extended families, because of Mr. Ely's responsibilities at the church. So this time, for Father's Day, we had extended family come to us! It was a real treat. We had a wonderful lunch and fellowship at our house. Then, in the late afternoon, even more family came from out of town, for a special Baby Dedication service at our church, during which Mr. Ely and I publically consecrated our little Sweet Pea to Jesus. It is still left to Sweet Pea to believe on the Lord Jesus at some point in his life (hopefully in his very early years), but now he is part of a covenant that will shape his life—we have placed Christ before him as his goal.
* Other *
This summer I am participating in a Tuesday night Bible study with a few other young women. It's material that I've been through before, but it has proved to be a great refresher for me! I hadn't realized how "rusty" I've become in handling the Word of God...this weekly class and discussion is helping to "sharpen" me.
Also this summer, I am playing on a co-ed softball team! I had never played softball before, but friends from church recruited me to play with them. It's been a fun opportunity for exercise, character building, and fellowship. And I cherish hearing my kiddos cheer "Go, Mom!" during our 1-hr games each Thursday night. :)
Now this week I'm taking a deep breath, and getting ready for July...
1 comment:
thanks for the update! I especially love that picture of the kids looking out the glass door. so sweet! I also heard that you are tearing it up on the softball team...wish i could play too!
Post a Comment