Monday, November 7, 2011

"Let brotherly love continue."

This verse is found in Hebrews 13:1.  I thought it was fitting for the pictures in this post.

a picture from last Spring: "Woody" and "Buzz"

Li'l Prince (age 4) was having a conversation with me while I was cleaning the kitchen one day last week.  He asked, "Mom, do you know who my best friend - after Sweet Pea - is?"  (Of course, he used Sweet Pea's real name.  Then he went on to answer his own question and named some little boy we know from P.E.)  But I thought it was really sweet how he implied that his little brother Sweet Pea (age 2) was his first best friend.  This has always been my prayer - that my children will truly cherish their friendships with one another - that they all will be each other's best friends, long into adulthood.  Granted, the journey is just beginning, but I know God's grace is sufficient and my prayer is not in vain, "Oh LORD, let brotherly love continue!"


taken at a wedding this summer

Li'l Prince and Sweet Pea are truly two peas in a pod.  Sweet Pea is his big brother's shadow and parrot - Sweet Pea follows him EVERYWHERE and repeats nearly EVERY word Li'l Prince says.  I don't think I've seen someone adore and imitate another like I've observed Sweet Pea do with his big brother.


This last weekend, we watched Secretariat (a movie about the true story surrounding a very special racehorse).  Well, near the end of the movie, Li'l Prince and Sweet Pea disappeared for a while and came back looking like this.  I especially like Sweet Pea's choice of jockey silks. :)

Brothers - and bestest friends :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So very sweet. Agreeing with you in that prayer!