"Lil' Prince" (6 1/2 mos) is almost crawling. He gets on his hands and knees, rocks back and forth, and can scoot and shuffle himself around on the floor. Seems that everyone who holds him for more than a few seconds comments on how strong he is. As soon as he gets over his current little cold, he'll be going through sleep training (i.e., learning to sleep through the night). Pray for him (and me!). :)
"Papaya" (just over 2 years) is in the middle of potty training. We've been working on it for about a month. Goes most everywhere in big girl panties now...though not always without an accident. I think her hair has finally recovered from the haircut "Banana" gave her last December. She's still our little athlete, undaunted by any climbing challenge.
"Banana" (who will be 4 years in less than a month) is so proud that she can finally (barely, on tip-toes) reach the lightswitch in her room without standing on a chair or without holding an arm-lengthening object in her hand. She just started attending an AWANA Bible club for 1 1/2 hours on Sunday nights and already loves it. At home I've begun teaching her to read and this smart cookie is doing great after just 12 lessons.
"Big Daddy" is still our favorite person to hang out with. Whether it's a special trip to the store, or mowing the lawn, or any number of other things, he most always has a little person right behind him. (He keeps our lawn looking great by the way...the best on the block.) But when he's not with us, he's either with college students somewhere for Bible study, prayer, or the like; or he's doing the necessary odds-and-ends at the church. He'll be leading another trip to Mexico in December.
And the Momma's favorite thing to do right now while the kids are napping is work on her scrapbooks! Yes...I'm years behind, still just beginning actually, but I am enjoying the process of catching up. I try to take the kids to the library every Wednesday. And a couple of weeks ago, I took the kids to get their picture taken. Here it is below:

No comments:
Post a Comment