"As arrows in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth." ~Psalm 127:4
Friday, April 3, 2009
Our First Garden
My mom came over yesterday and helped me make a long-time wish come true...We planted a garden! Since we've had recent rain, the soil was nice and soft; however, we did encounter a few large roots which were challenging to remove. But all in all, we all had a great time "plowing" and "planting." I think the garden measures around 6' x 8'...we don't despise meager beginnings. :) We planted sweet corn, green beans, carrots, yellow squash, tomatoes, and pumpkin. We planted and watered; now it's up to the Lord to give the increase. :) Enjoy the slideshow pics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How fun!! I remember "helping" my mom plant a garden when I was about 2 or 3. It was fun, but I don't remember if we actually grew anything or not! It will be exciting for your kids to see litte sprouts shoot up, and I'll bet they eat more veggies since they actually worked to grow them! Post pics in a month or two so we can see the progress!
Thankful for y'all,
Amy
Post a Comment